Saturday, September 28, 2013

Graphic Novels vs. Text Novels

There are many similarities and differences when it comes to a story that has been written in different formats such as between graphic novels and text novels. In a text novel there is more details when it comes do describing certain people, places and things while in graphic novels there are pictures and illustrations that show you what these things should look like. Many times a graphic novel gives you the gist of the story since there isn't alot of room for text. In my opinion I would much rather pick up the  text novel of a story against the graphic novel version because I like creating different images in my head of what the characters or scenery may look like so I can get a realist visual in my head. With the graphic novel, an animated version is given to you to look at and that, in a way dumb downs the book in my opinion. A story with a great plot line gets lost in a graphic novel because it tries to appeal to a younger audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment